Tuesday 23 July 2013

Homesick

Its only taken 10 months, but I'm finally feeling homesick. I mean, when I was first ill in Grenoble just after my birthday, I really wanted a "mummy cuddle", but I seemed to get over that pretty quickly as soon ad I was feeling better. This time, its hit me and hit me hard. I'm struggling to Skype back home without breaking down into tears and actually desperately want to go home. This living abroad malarky isn't as easy as it first seemed. I think that this is all due to the weather being no cooler than 35 for the last week and having a bit of an upset tummy, and not actually having had physical contact with my amazing Mama for about 5 months. I like to think of myself as grown up and independent, but my Mama and I have been through so much together she's become more that just my Mum, and I really miss her. Like, really  REALLY miss her. And then there's Darren. I miss him like I'd miss my right arm. All I want is a cuddle. Its not asking for much right? Just 44 days until I'm back with my Mama and boyfriend. Just 41 days until I see my baby bro. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I CAN DO THIS!

Luckily, I have a beautiful friend coming out for a holiday in 20 days and I will have a week off in which to chill out and actually have some me time with a friend which will help. Honestly can't wait.

"Always look on the bright side of life." The kids are behaving really well and Antoine can count to 8 in English now without missing out 6. He knows up to 10, but doesn't like saying 9 or 10. Its rather cute and it makes me smile. Gotta keep finding those silver linings.

No comments:

Post a Comment